In 2021 owners Rob and Caroline Booy retired from the family business "Birds Hill Enterprises". Sons, Andrew and Neil have taken over the business manufacturing the Birds Hill pie and tart presses in their woodworking shop "Booij Woodworks Inc".
"Same products and quality - new name!"
- our pie presses work with most dough recipes but do require dough to be at or close to room temperature. This may require some recipe adjustments. Kindly check out our recipes section for recipes that we have tested for use on our machines, and contact us if you have any questions.
- orders are generally worked on by date received.
- lead times range from 4 weeks to 8 weeks depending on the season.
- keep in mind that our products are made locally, not mass produced and are individually tested before shipping.
- shipping covers broker and duty fees where applicable for USA addresses only. International orders outside of Canada and the USA are responsible for their country's import fees.
- International orders - extra shipping fees may apply. We will contact you if extra shipping is required.
- On orders with multiple items the shipping fee may seem too high - please contact us if there are concerns so we can manually prepare the shipping fees. Why does this happen? Our products can be heavy so when shipped individually the shipping is accurate. Items bundled into one order can cause the web page calculation to quote a rate higher because of the combined weights.
- Prices on web site are in USA dollars.
- A 10% restocking fee will be charged on all cancelled orders. Custom items are final sale.
Limited Warranty: Booij Woodworks Inc. covers defects in material or workmanship under normal use for the first 30 days for commercially used equipment and for 60 days for household use. We will repair or replace parts of the product that proves defective because of improper material or workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. This warranty does not cover any problem that is caused by:
- water damage
- improper use of equipment
Please note that blemishes in wood is part of the wood's natural beauty and will not affect use.
- Returns: There are times a customer decides this machine is not for them. Often we will refund the cost of the machine if it is still in new condition. We cannot refund the cost of the dies. On the full sized machines the dies are custom made for the customer's pie pans and they are final sale. We will deduct the cost of the dies from the cost of the machine ordered. Items that are custom designed and made to a customer's specifications are also final sale. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.